TEOTE Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible, consisting of the sixty-six books of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God; that it is entirely without error in the original autographs; that the Bible alone is the believer’s authority in all matters of doctrine, faith and practice.
- We believe there is one God, the Creator of whom the universe testifies, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; that He eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; that all three possess equally the attributes of deity and personality; that God is sovereign.
- We believe that Yeshua is the only begotten Son of God; that He is the Jewish Messiah prophesied to Israel in the scriptures; that He took on Himself the nature of man through the virgin conception and birth so that He possesses both divine and human natures.
- We believe in Messiah’s sinless life and perfect obedience to Mosaic Law; in His atoning substitutionary death, burial, bodily resurrection, and His ascension into heaven where He is now seated at the right hand of God; that He intercedes for all believers as the Great High Priest.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the infallible author of the scriptures; that He convicts, regenerates, and empowers believers and endows them with His gifts as He determines; that in this age He baptizes and permanently indwells and seals all believers into one body; that His prime purpose is to witness to and glorify Messiah.
- We believe that God created man in His image; that man was created with the ability to choose to obey or to disobey; that by the disobedience of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden innocence was lost and God’s image in man was marred; that consequently, both they and their descendants, separated from God, suffer spiritual and physical death; that all, except Yeshua the Messiah, are sinners by nature and practice.
- We believe that Messiah shed His blood and died for the sins of mankind; that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Messiah Yeshua alone; that salvation is not achieved nor maintained by the works of man; that salvation is a free gift to man received by personal faith at which time the righteousness of Messiah is imputed to the sinner, justifying him in God’s sight; that faith comes through hearing the message of Messiah Yeshua; that God calls all men everywhere to repent; that the way of salvation is the same for Jew and Gentile; that there will be physical resurrection and eternal blessedness for believers and eternal conscious punishment for unbelievers.
- We believe Israel is a people consisting of the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; that Israel is the only elect nation, the only nation with whom God has entered into covenants; that within Israel there has always existed a believing remnant; that while all the families of the earth will be blessed through Abraham’s seed, Israel’s unconditional covenants will be fulfilled in Israel and not in the church.
- We believe that the ecclesia, or church, consists of all Jewish and Gentile believers from Pentecost to the rapture; that at the rapture the church will be caught up to meet Messiah in the air; that Jewish believers in this age are members both of Israel and of the church; that while Gentile believers become fellow partakers of the spiritual blessings of Israel’s unconditional covenants, the church does not in any respect replace Israel; that salvation has come to the Gentiles to provoke the Jews to jealousy; that the church’s responsibilities are evangelism and discipleship; that evangelism is to be to the Jew first and then to the Gentile.
- We believe that Messiah set us free from all obligation to Mosaic Law; that believers are free to enjoy the richness of the biblical feasts and certain other aspects of biblical Judaism; that these can reach unbelieving Jews for Messiah; that, in this age, water baptism by immersion and the Lord’s supper are the only ordinances for believers; that these are not means of salvation but acts of obedience.
- We believe Messiah will return physically and visibly to Israel, intervening on behalf of the Jewish remnant, at the conclusion of an unprecedented period of trouble; that He will thereafter establish the millennial kingdom foretold in the Old and New Testaments; that He will reign on David’s throne as King of the Jews over restored, regathered and regenerate Israel, and as King over the whole earth; that Israel’s unconditional covenants will be fulfilled in their entirety; that the church, Messiah’s Bride, will co-reign in the millennial kingdom.
- We believe that following the millennial kingdom there will be new heavens and a new earth; that unbelievers will be judged before the Great White Throne and cast into the lake of fire; that believers will enjoy Messiah’s presence in the new Jerusalem for eternity.